Wednesday 3 February 2010

A moments diversion from the arduous night ahead.

Tomorrow is Tribunal day. The culmination of 3 years challenging the Education Authority and the day that the future of Child two is decided.

I am not up to speed. With events of the last year I have found my level of detail retention lacking on the areas that I needed to be concentrating on. Namely, Child Two.

I have also had to arrange childcare by sucking up to people, looking harassed and bribery. They need to be in town by 7.20am. This will mean getting them up. I suspect that the dog will not have her early morning romp as I suspect a late night and rising at 5.30 a tad unrealistic. I have also organised a dog walker for 12pm. By then the Bitch will be more mental than normal and no doubt attack the walker.

In a moment i shall clear up. If the Dog Walker sees the current state of the kitchen she will have the dog taken to Claverton Down. This in itself is appealing. The Bitch has been picking up on tension and in so doing, is now adding to it.

I have a 5inch bundle of paperwork that I have to read, catalogue, highlight and know inside out. I need to memorise dates, events and write a 5 minute talk on this child. I then have to source an outfit that is suitably demure, yet authoritative. Then come the uniform, sandwiches etc. I suspect no bed tonight.

I came very close to applying for a full time job today. It wasn't perfect. It meant that the children would have to be in a lot of childcare and the dog would have to be shot. With childcare for the 2 little ones coming in at 9.6k and travel there and back, I would make the sum total of £40 more per week. It was best not to think about it and concentrate on the £40 more is £40 more approach. This did not allow for child care for Child Two.

I was quite proud of my acceptance. My friend was horrified that I would apply for a Junior position. When it comes to work, I have little pride. Someone that I was once married to said to me, when I accepted my telephone answering job - that he wouldn't get out of bed for the money I was earning. Since it paid for the petrol to drive my car, I did get out of bed for it. My view is that £9 is £9 more than I have by not getting out of bed. I readily accept that I do not have a proven history in much of note. Friends attitude is that I don't need to, I just need to have the confidence to carry it off. This is the point I went white.

Within 5 minutes, she had made an appointment with a client. On Friday I am attending a meeting as an executive. Apparently, I will learn everything I need to know and will pick up 20 years of technological drought in the next couple of days. I have decided it is best not to think about it. She decided that she knows me well enough to recognise that had she given me long enough to think about, I would have thought about it and talked myself out of it.

Life would be a barren, barren place without friends. They see through you. Truly great ones see through you, believe in you and challenge you. When I am super confident exec of the year, I will have my friends to thank. Lets just see.

I learnt the downside to my pragmatic approach with regard to the bathroom light bulb. It became apparent when I realised that little one was right in his complaint about the tooth tasting horrid. I was cleaning his teeth with Simple facial exfoliant. What can I say. It was dark, it was a tube. Poor love.

On a final note, Child Two has sent a new ringtone for my phone. It is a round from a AK47. Apparently, he played it behind a friend at school and for a moment, he thought he had been shot. This is precisely what I need. I cannot wait for someone to call me. I

No comments: