Saturday 6 February 2010

I am dying a death.

I went to the Gym tonight. I have failed to take into account a week of little sleep, little food and lots of stress. I have really struggled. It got ridiculous on Monday when I ended up in tears because I couldn't do what I wanted with the ease I had. I fell out with the thigh killer machine. It was killing me and I had a real issue with being beaten by a machine.

So I ran it all by Hard Core. Apparently eating is good, as is sleep. Apparently going to the gym for 5 days in a row is not good. Apparently getting through the routine in half the time is good but means that it gets harder, rather than easier. Given that part of the reason for joining the gym was to keep fit enough to ward off bouts of Post viral Fatigue, there is a chance I may have been overdoing it. That's a tough call, you push yourself to get fit and pushing yourself would mean that you were unfit. I seem to spend far too much of my time walking on lines.

Apparently my hanging leg raise thing is good. This is good, since I was thinking it was a fairly cool thing. Only last week, I could do sets of ten and today I could only do 4 and had to finish it off with bent knees. By the time I finished the bent knees, I was on my knees.

So I am now signed up for a change of programme. No lightweight machines but another plan is a foot. Since I liked the trapeze thing, it will include it. He mentioned burpees. I thought he was talking in a kind of weird baby speak way but it is some sort of exercise routine. He then listed a whole host of other exercises he has in mind. I have absolutely no idea what they are. I still call everything the 'stomach thing' and the 'bar thing'. The only one I could work out was the handstand press ups. I saw him make a very muscly man do them last week and thought that should he ever make me do them - I would shoot him. Apparently I shall be doing those to0.

I think that on reflection, I may regret confiding that I had been finding my routine hard.

Today at work, I had took four calls from people who had no idea of their own phone numbers, one who's date of birth did not include a day or month and one who's four year old was definitely born in 1996. My favourite of the day:

"Can you tell me the name of the Dentist that you are currently registered with" I ask

"Dave" said the caller.

Part of the reason why I like this job is that I go home feeling more intelligent than I did when I started

No comments: