Friday 21 May 2010

A higher Plateau, briefly

I often have people enquire as to how I am able to walk in 4 inch platform heels. It is a task that on the whole is relatively easy.

It is not walking that causes the problem, it is falling off them. Which I did in a rather spectacular fashion today. On the whole I am a master of inappropriate footwear and dexterity. Today was not such a day. As a result my knee hurts, as does the muscle in the calf, my shin hip and thigh. It's not good. I may have single handedly undone some fine surgery.

I accompanied at a meeting today. It's all great practise. I accompany so I can work out the banter expected, hopefully enabling me to replicate such behaviour in the future if called upon to do so. I frequently sit at such event wondering what on earth I could say if needed. The answer is invariably, nothing. Today I worked out a pattern of behaviour that has been bothering me .

Every time I can think of nothing to say, the other person appears to assume that I am weighing them up. This is the point that they start making a lot of eye contact with me, presumably on the basis that I am weighing up, so they must have some final say.

It is hysterical. Sometimes what you don't say has more power than anything you do.

On a final odd note. I had a text from a man today saying that he hoped I was in the garden with a bikini on. Very odd. I can only assume that he thinks my lawn is untended.

No comments: