Sunday 16 May 2010

Beyonce, dating and mental faculty

One of the strangest things about falling for someone, was that my music taste disappeared. Literally vanished alongside any rational thought process. For weeks on end I listened to Heart FM. Not only was it curiously addictive, but acutely embarrassing - just not enough to stop me.

It is with a large proportion of cringe that I can claim lyrical knowledge on every Beyonce and Adele song. I am not embarrassed by Adele, for she really is very talented.

However the Beyonce thing has irked me. I was an Xray Specs kinda girl. Pop music? Purleeze. Or at least until I discovered that a girlie emotional side of me did in fact exist.

Anyhow, I am cured. Having finally realised that serial dater may well remain in his world of self fulfilling prophecy and finally, that I am worth so much more than a man who's self protection can shut more people out than the Berlin wall ever did. Admittedly, I hoped that he would get it, deal with it and risk it. I was wrong. Damn, I hate being wrong. I shall always think fondly of his thighs and his accent. Both were equally endearing. I hope that he finds what he is looking for.

However, there is always good from everything. I am cured of Beyonce. Normal service resumes. In honour of this, let me recommend the following. It is entirely brilliant

http://vodpod.com/watch/3386636-youtube-faithless-mass-destruction

No comments: