Monday 7 June 2010

By the hair on my head

I finally finished the divorce paperwork and went to bed at 5am. I lay there getting increasingly more irritated at the light shining through the stained glass panel in the wall, until I realised that it was not a light but in fact, the next day. I gave up after an hour.

I think that courts should allow extra time for resident parents. Half term, working and 4 children make mundane issues like paperwork a real challenge and so they get left to the last moment - at which point they cease to become mundane and become more of a crisis situation.

I detest the fact that enormous sums of money are being thrown at a situation that could so easily have been catered for by communication. Simply answering questions would have saved thousands. However, I concede that part of the reason for divorce is a marriage that lacked communication. Oh and infidelity, but even that kind of dishonourable behaviour and dishonesty, fundamentally has its routes in a lacking of communication skill.

I am simply exhausted.

For some foolish reason I decided to tint my hair in the midst of this. I forgot I had decided to do it and left it on for an hour. The end result is alarming. All I need to complete the look is to over pluck my eyebrows and wear gold earrings. Slap on a tad more take tan and I would pass for anyone working at the local funfair.

I am not entirely sure why I thought it would be a good idea to alter the colour in the first place, not only do I look slightly rough but it has the texture of an electrocuted skunk.

Looking hot.

No comments: