Thursday 15 July 2010

Maintaining standards

I spoke with the solicitor today.

Following a discussion with he who cannot be mentioned, in which I had told him that despite legal advice to the opposite - I would concede a clean break in exchange for securing the house. He would retain his house, his company, his pensions, assets etc and protect his future earnings. Since he apparently has none at he moment and no children to hinder his hours - it is a good deal.

So I was quite surprised by contact from his solicitors stating that I would consider a total clean break, one in which he retains all of the above and saves him from a necessity of providing any child maintenance at all, ever.

I think, perhaps, that the entire universe has gone quite insane. Thank god there are judges. There is not a judge in the country that will agree to a man who has his own company, owns a house, has an income, has capacity to earn - to being able to walk away from any need to provide money to someone else, in enabling them to raise said mans children

I suspect a full moon must be imminent.

No comments: